What is Overmolding and why do it?
- Overmolding as it relates to electrical cable and wire assemblies; is the process of using specific tooling in a plastic injection machine to create or enhance an electrical connection or create a unique custom molded electrical connector. Generally speaking there are multiple.
- Overmolded connectors can provide: - additional rugged protection against the elements, additional reliability in harsh environments
- We overmold cables and electrical assemblies to provide strain relief and full protection from harsh environments. If your assemblies are exposed to difficult environments, or subject to excess stress then overmolding is a surefire solution to eliminating issues in the field
- Overmolding solves many engineering and product application issues traditional connector offerings can’t. Problems such as gender changing, directional requirements and demanding rugged environmental conditions are averted by overmolding.
- And, ACi specializes in overmolding components and connectors that are not traditionally molded. Through various processes including low pressure injection molding and other blocking methods, we eliminate obstacles to build the perfect connector for your application.
Using the latest technology in material and equipment, we will propose the perfect solution to your design challenge. Have you had a connection problem “for years”? Let us take a look at it and see if we can engineer a solution.
We have both domestic and international sources for some of the most affordable and short lead-time tooling in the industry.
Because of our experience and capabilities, we are able to combine mixed connector technologies including Custom Molded Cable assemblies with traditional wire harness and RF cable assemblies to meet your complete electrical connection requirements
Custom molded environmental connector
overmolded solutions to solve other design issues. Increase durability and moisture resistance for electronic components and circuit boards
low pressure molded assemblies
Are you looking for a cable assemblies manufacturer with the capability to provide harsh environment molded cable assemblies or a custom molded electrical connector to fit your performance requirements?
How can we help?